When He Doesn't Move the Mountains

There is a new song out by Lauren Daigle called "Trust in You".  The first time I ever heard it, it totally struck a chord deep inside my soul. Now when this song comes on the radio I go into full on worship mode, tears streaming and hands lifted pouring my heart out to God.  
The chorus goes 
"When you don't move the mountains, I'm needing you to move.  When you don't part the waters I wish I could walk through.  When you don't give the answers as I cry out to you, I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in you."  Click Here To Listen to Full Song 

If you have been walking with the Lord for any length of time, I am sure your faith has been tested.  If it hasn't, just wait, it will be!  And I don't say that to scare you because as James 1:2-4 says "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."  So the testing of our faith is needed for our growth and benefit.  That doesn't mean it's easy.  In fact it's down right hard sometimes and in certain situations the testing can be so hard, so painful that you may feel like throwing in the towel and walking away from your faith.  I know because I have been there.  It's especially difficult when you feel like God is being silent.  I have certain situations and prayer needs that I have brought before the Lord what feels like a million times and the mountains are still there.  The waters aren't being parted and He's not giving me the answers as I cry out to Him.  He's being silent on some issues and that is hard.  He's not being silent in my life, however.  Oh No, quite the contrary!  I sense His presence and "hear" from Him through His Word and sermons and Christian songs daily.  But concerning certain prayer requests He isn't acting...yet.  God doesn't always answer our prayers in the way or the timing we want Him too or even feel we need Him to.  This is truly where trust comes in.  It's so easy to say we trust the Lord when everything is going well and there are no real needs in our life.  But the true test of how deep our trust in Him goes is when our faith is tested.  Do you trust Him when things do not work out?  Do you trust Him when the worst case scenario takes place?  Do you trust Him when He asks you to do something that seems crazy?  Do you trust Him when nobody else understands why you keep trusting?  Do you trust Him when those mountains haven't been moved and the waters aren't being parted?  I can't say I am fully there yet, but I am closer than I used to be.  I am choosing day by day, hour by hour, to trust that even though certain things haven't worked out like I thought they would, God has a reason, a plan and He isn't done with me yet.  He isn't' going to leave me, or you, in the desert forever.  He will bring you through it, sometimes it will be a quick trip through that dry and barren wilderness of unanswered prayers, but other times it won't be and that is when you can put James 1 into action in your life and go through the testing of your faith, allowing it to do the work in you that God intended for it to do.  You are His child and He loves you unconditionally and He has a plan for every day of your life.  Let Him work, in His ways and in His times and choose to trust Him even when you don't see the answers.  
"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"  Isaiah 26:3

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  Philippians 1:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment: Learning to Want Less Will Lead to More

Learning to Love Myself

The Invisible Burden of Anxiety